Friday, December 24, 2010

Wuthering Heights- Depressing and Refreshing

Who would have thought that something could be depressing and refreshing? I will answer this question by saying I really have no idea. I think it is mostly the addiction you get to the novel. I have never seen any movie adaptations of Wuthering Heights, but yetesterday I finished the novel by Emily Bronte. It wasn't my favorite book, but I liked it pretty well. I love period romances and so I was bound to like this one also, though at first I had my doubts; I have heard many different accounts of Wuthering Heights. These reviews range from "it was really boring," to "depressing" to "my favorite book!" and "this book changed my life!".  Honeslty speaking, I had none of these sensations except it was depressing. It is not my favorite, as I said before, but I do like it  and I did not find it boring.
Before I mentioned it as a period romance, well I will correct myself now that it is not a romance, not at all! But it does involve love, but I think it'd better be classified as a period drama.
I am skeptical to watch any of the movies, but BBC usually does a pretty good job, so  that would be the first one I would watch. If any of you have a favorite version of the movie let me know!!

No comments:

Post a Comment